Property Technology Ltd, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC528448 whose registered office is at 175 Pleasance, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH8 9RU (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) provides the basis upon which any personal data that you submit to us will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Information we may collect
We may collect and process (or procure the collection and processing of) the following:
– information that you submit by filling in forms on our site;
– information submitted by you at the time of registering with our site or requesting services from us;
– information you provide when you report a problem with our site;
– information concerning your use of our site and the services you receive from us;
– information you submit to our service providers;
– material including comments, reviews and recommendations you submit to or through our site;
– information concerning your compliance with our terms and conditions of website use;
– information you provide when you contact us, including a copy of, and records concerning, any correspondence;
– information we may record concerning your communications with us, for quality control and training purposes;
– information you provide when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes; and
– details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data concerning the resources that you access.
We may collect this information into a file specific to you.
If you submit information to or through our site, we may additionally collect and process information on any individuals identified therein or identifiable therefrom.
We may collect (or procure the collection of) information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other access device), operating system (for example, Microsoft Windows XP or Macintosh OS X) and browser type (for example, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Property Technology Ltd website uses three cookies currently (27th March 2017). The first is a simple login cookie that stores user login details. When you attempt to login after your first time it will suggest the username/email that you used to login last time. It does not currently store your password. The second cookie we use on the website is a Vimeo Cookie which enables us to use Vimeo videos at various locations on our website. Finally the third cookie is a Youtube cookie. Much like the Vimeo cookie it allows us to place Youtube videos onto the website.
If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Where we store personal data
All personal data you submit to us is stored by us on servers held by us or on our behalf upon servers provided by third parties to us. We shall use reasonable endeavours to procure the maintenance of appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal data that you submit. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data that you submit, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data submitted to our site. Any such submission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to personal data.
Uses made of the information
We use the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us in the following ways:
– to enable the proper maintenance and / or operation of our site and to notify you about changes to our site
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to provide you with information or services that you request from us and information concerning services made available by us;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
– to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
– to comply with any legal obligation;
– to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use; and
-to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others.
We may also share the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us with our business partners for marketing purposes and we may send you information about other organisations’ properties, goods or services.
We or our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of properties, goods and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such information from us or our business partners please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Property Technology Ltd, Office 7, 27 Corsham Street, N1 6DR. We may keep personal data we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us for a reasonable period for the purposes mentioned above.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us:
to enable the proper maintenance of our site;
to enable the supply to you of services which you have requested;
in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
to comply with any legal or contractual obligation;
to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights our terms and condition of website use; or
to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, where such disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Third party personal data
Third party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party sites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites nor for the way in which the personal data of their users is treated. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you which right can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected in the personal data that we hold about you.